VPN For Windows In 2022: Do you need to know what are the best VPN services for PC (Windows) in 2022? Do you want a program to change your IP (or to hide your IP)? You are going to need a VPN or a proxy… a VPN is almost better.
I have selected 5 paid VPNs for PCs and another 5 VPNs that offer a free version if you only want to use them at specific times. They can be used on Windows 10 or 11. Please do not use Windows 7 or Windows 8. Please update your operating system.
Is it advisable to use a free VPN for Windows? If you are going to use a lot of bandwidth or you are going to download a lot of things, you will always have to opt for a paid VPN. If you are only going to use them to surf the internet from time to time… Go ahead!
Is It Safe To Use A VPN On Windows? Recommended Uses
Sure. You just have to choose a reliable VPN that does not sell your data online and respects your privacy. Not all options are good.
Whenever you take your PC to a public Wi-Fi network, you should always use a VPN to guard your online privacy from prying eyes.
eye! A VPN serves to protect your privacy online, but not to hide you from government and security services.
As an extra measure of safety, it is always advisable to connect to a VPN server that is not located in your own country. You can choose a server located in a country that respects your online privacy.
What Can You Use Your VPN For?
- Overcome geo-blocks and view the Netflix catalog in the United States, for example.
- Overcome restrictions in countries with firewalls and restrictions.
- Protect yourself on public Wi-Fi
- Prevent your ISP from monitoring your online browsing through the DNS servers that it provides you when you sign up with them.
- You will avoid DNS leak and WebRTC filtering .
- Download torrents safely (or P2P).
Top 3 Vpn For Windows In 2022
1. Surfshark : Cheap, Fast And With Good Programs For Windows
An excellent option for Windows, especially since they offer all their functionalities for this platform.
It has more than 1700 servers in 63 countries and its price is 1.75 euros/month in the 2-year plan (4.99 euros/month in the annual plan). really cheap.
It offers us many things:
- Double VPN servers: encrypt your traffic through two VPN servers
- CleanWeb: to block ads, trackers and malicious domains
- Cloaking mode – obfuscated servers that hide VPN traffic
- Split Tuning: you control what traffic goes through the VPN and what does not.
- Browser extensions for Chrome or Firefox
You can see the review at:
Surfshark uses AES-256-GCM with RSA-2048 with IKEv2 (excellent performance) and OpenVPN protocols .
They do not keep records of you, something that is very good for our security and anonymity.
Server speed? Spectacular in testing. One of the best I have tasted.
One of the few drawbacks that you will find is that its Android app has many trackers (checked in exodus ), but it is something common in most Android VPN apps.
It has an ad blocker, camouflage mode, Kill Switch, allows certain apps and websites to bypass the VPN, private DNS and noborder mode to use the VPN in China (for example).
2. Nordvpn : Easy To Install, Fast And Good Price
Premium VPN. Over 5,300 servers worldwide in over 58 countries. It has provision for Netflix, torrents, double VPN, VPN with Tor, great programs, privacy, payment options. It is the service I am currently using in 2022 along with Windscribe and Mullvad. It does not keep logs of your connections. Supports IKEv2/IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP.
NordVPN offers us many options:
- It has Double VPN , a very interesting option to further protect your privacy.
- Tor-over-VPN servers – The Tor network provides an extra layer of anonymity.
- CyberSec – Blocker of ads, trackers and malware domains.
- WireGuard – NordLynx is NordVPN’s custom implementation of the WireGuard VPN protocol . Available for Windows PC. The best option for speed.
- Obfuscated servers: NordVPN’s obfuscated servers hide your VPN traffic and allow you to browse in countries with censorship and firewalls.
Velocity? It depends on the server you connect to, but it is generally very good. The interface of its programs are very minimalist and it is very easy to use. It has a Kill Switch, it protects you from DNS leaks, and it’s one of the few VPNs that works with Netflix.
- NordVPN has a Windows app that can be downloaded from its website. The Windows app automatically selects the fastest server available in the country of your choice and is very intuitively designed.
It has a free trial. They usually have discounts almost all year round to lower the price of the subscription. Price? About 3 EUR per month on their 3-year plan and 10.87 EUR/month on their monthly plan.
3. Expressvpn : Expensive But Very Secure Service With Fast Servers
Another of the VPN providers with an outstandingsum of locations around the world. They are present in 94 countries with 160 locations for their servers, and they add new options every month. Right now they have more than 3000 servers all over the world.
This British Virgin Islands VPN provider offers very good download speeds and great options for iOS, Android, and even BlackBerry mobiles. Supports up to 3 devices and does not keep logs. It has 256-bit encoding in OpenVPN, L2TP – IPSEC, PPTP and SSTP protocol.
- ExpressVPN has a Windows app that can be downloaded from its website. In three easy steps you have your VPN working. If you have questions, you can contact support to have the app installed. It uses the Open VPN standard.
This VPN is a bit more expensive than other options, but it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. ExpressVPN offers three pricing plans. It costs about $8.32 per month on the 12-month plan.